Top 10 Things to DO to Make the Most of Year End Fundraising and Marketing
Top 10 Things to Make the Most of Year End Fundraising and Marketing
1. Thank and send Season’s Greeting to your staff, board, end-users, community, prospects, donors (see also #3) and community partners.
2. Run a year-end giving campaign with a strong appeal letter and have a social media component. Send links and pre-written emails with your appeal letter to your staff and board and ask them to promote on Facebook and forward.
3. Send holiday greetings via video to donors and/or invite large donors to appropriate year end events.
4. Look at your top lapsed donor lists and identify the top 10-15 who have not given this year. The holiday season is busy but a time of generosity. Find a time to meet with them, fill them in on what the organization has been up to and ask for a commitment for this year.
5. Invite your local politicians for a holiday visit.
6. Review your top prospect list and make as many in-person visits as possible. Engage your board members in the meetings to the extent possible.
7. Make follow-up phone calls from your appeal letter to your top annual appeal prospects.
8. Plan to send follow-up email appeals during the last few days of December. Studies show that 40 percent of online donors make their gifts in December, and another 40-60 percent of those donations are made December 30 and 31.
9. Make sure your website is updated and has a great big, easy to locate “donate now” button.
10. If you reside in a corporate office building, inquire with your landlord about fundraising opportunities and ask that they consider doing something for your cause or organization.